"Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes" Mickey Mouse
This is a collection of material that I have used when teaching or giving workshops about GeoGebra.
The GeoGebra worksheets on this site can be found at MalinC's GeoGebra-book. When the GeoGebra web site is down, the worksheets on this site will not work.
The code to Processing projects can be found at: portfolio of Malin Christersson.
- Uppdated all sections.
- Uppdated the section GeoGebra Tutorial. Also, Mickey Mouse no longer needs any liberation campaign: Ars Technica, Mickey Mouse will be public domain soon.
- Rewrote and moved entire section about non-Euclidean geometry to http://www.malinc.se/noneuclidean/en/.
- Removed the unfinished section about fractals. "Fixpoints" was moved to Calculus - Fixpoints. "Cobweb Diagrams" was moved to Calculus - Cobweb Diagrams. "Mandelbrot" and "Introduction" were moved to The Mandelbrot Set. "Julia sets" and "Animate Julia sets" were moved to Animate Julia Sets.
- Added an interactive hyperbolic tiling: Non-Euclidean Geometry - Interactive Hyperbolic Tiling in the Poincaré Disc.
- Put back links to the Octave-files after removing all references to QtOctave (which no longer exists).
- Updated all GeoGebra worksheet to responsive, such that they don't load until click. The loaded worksheets however, are not responsive and will be partially hidden if loaded from a mobile phone.
- Started to redesign everything to responsive design. All Processing-stuff, iframes, and videos, are responsive.
- Added a "distorted tiling of regular polygons" to Tessellations and Symmetries .
- Rearranged some old Scratch stuff about angles, and GeoGebra stuff about angles, into a new
Geometry - Angles.
- Added a page Non-Euclidean Geometry - GeoGebra Constructions in the Poincaré Disc.
- Fixed broken links to: Trigonometry - Heliocentrism and Geocentrism.
- Added a page Non-Euclidean Geometry - Inversion in Circle.
- Removed all links to the unfinished Python section and replaced it with an unfinished Non-Euclidean Geometry section.
- Finished updating all worksheets to GeoGebraTube versions.
- Reorganized the two sections "Geometry" (which had an informal treatment of geometry) and "Euclidean Geometry" (which was used in a course about ... Euclidean geometry) to one section "Geometry".
- Statistics: This web site had 207,263 unique visits and 3,545,442 hits during 2012, according to modlogan.
- Added stuff to GeoGebra Tutorial - Epicycles and GeoGebra Tutorial - Circles and Distances.
- Added a page GeoGebra Tutorial - Lists.
- Added stuff to GeoGebra Tutorial - Spreadsheet.
- Updated pages 7 to 9 under GeoGebra Tutorials to reflect the changes in version 4.2. Added stuff to GeoGebra Tutorial - Variables, polygons and angles.
- Updated the first six pages under GeoGebra Tutorials to reflect the changes in version 4.2. Added stuff to GeoGebra Tutorial - Symmetries.
- Added stuff to GeoGebra Tutorial - Tools .
- Updated all jar-files, but not the individual (more than 200) ggb-files, to GeoGebra 4.2.
- Added an applet showing Aristotle's Wheel Paradox on the side GeoGebra Tutorial - Measurement .
- Changed the default value of the side menu to "hidden". Added a mini-menu/navigation-help at the top instead.
- Added a continuation of the Circumscribed and Inscribed Circles: Euclidean Geometry - Apollonian Gasket.
- Updated Euclidean Geometry - Circumscribed and Inscribed Circles.
- Updated GeoGebra Tutorial - Complex Numbers.
- Updated Functions - Inverse and Composite Functions.
- Added a section about creating linear transformations of curves on the page
Linear Algebra - Linear transformations
Corrected some typos (that were pointed out to me in a mail) on the side GeoGebra Tutorial - Making demonstrations.
- Made a logo.
- Removed Wibiya (which showed all recent visitors on a world map), since they put a shadow-div above every page to make it possible for users to share images to social networks (wtf!), which effectively ruined all applets.
- After handing over the petition with 2.4 million signatures against ACTA, Avaaz has a new petition ACTA - Time to Win!
- All applets should now work on all OS.
- Updated the jar-files to version 18.104.22.168 (some applets may not work). Trying to troubleshoot the problems some have mailed me about applets not working.
- Added banner to stop the evil acronyms attacking the Internet.
- Added a link on Home to the new Avaaz-petition about ACTA The biggest threat to Internet freedom, and also a link to the petition that I previously linked to from my blog access - Just Say 'No' to ACTA.
- Finished rewriting and updating all pages under Linear Algebra. All pages are now about GeoGebra 4.0.
- Added info about Lamar Smith, the man behind SOPA, at the page GeoGebra Tutorial - Insert Images.
- Once again put a link to Avaaz: Save the Internet, since the number of petitions/minute was speeded up again after the strike.
- Redirected every page to malinc.se - STOP SOPA!
- Updated and rewrote all pages under Statistics. Added a page GeoGebra Tutorial- Statistics and Probability.
- Added two pages about playing sound in GeoGebra GeoGebra Tutorial - Play Sound and Trigonometry - Music.
- Finished rewriting and updating all pages under Trigonometry.
- Rewrote old stuff about Functions - Inverse and Composite Functions.
- Added a search bar. Summary for the year 2011: 116,494 visits & 2,441,342 hits.
- Updated and rewrote all pages under Calculus, and added stuff about integration.
- Updated and rewrote all pages under Functions.
- Rewrote Functions - Tables and Spreadsheet.
- Rewrote Functions - Percentage Change.
- Added two pages about spreadsheets for absolute beginners at Functions - Tables and Spreadsheet and Functions - Percentage Change.
- Added a link on Home to an Avaaz petition to Save the Internet.
- Changed applets to GeoGebra 4. Added information about GeoGebraTube to GeoGebra Tutorial - Download GeoGebra and GeoGebra Tutorial - Exporting and sharing.
- Updated all sides under Geometry and under Euclidean Geometry.
- Added interactive canvas-elements to generate the Mandelbrot set, Julia sets and a Julia set
animation under "Fractals".
Updated all pages under "Euclidean Geometry".
- Updated all info about downloading and different versions of GeoGebra since the former version GeoGebra 4.0 has been split into GeoGebra 4.0 Release Candidate and GeoGebra 4.2 beta.
- This site has reached a total of 100 000 "visits" (100 200 "visits" and 2 190 541 "hits").
- Updated info about downloading GeoGebra.
- Added info about graphical inequalities at the page "Functions" under the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial".
All pages under "To Teachers" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
Added info about how to use Input Box and Ok Button.
- All pages under "Functions and Curves" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
Added info about Input Box and Function Inspector. Also added parametric curves, an anaglyphic 3D animation of Lissajou and info about
- All pages under "Cartesian Plane" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
Added a section about polar coordinates. Added a section about exporting slider animation to animated gif.
All pages under "Traces and Locus" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
Added a section about the new command
- All pages under "Variables and Text" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
Dynamic text and LaTeX is a lot easier to handle in the new version.
- All pages under "Introduction" in the menu "GeoGebra Tutorial" are now about GeoGebra 4.
"Free Mickey Mouse!" icon from <free culture> by Lawrence Lessig
by Malin Christersson under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Sweden License