|←Orbit Trap Fractals||◊◊◊|
- Choose an image file. The image will be cropped to a square.
- Click in the top canvas to pick a new Julia point or to zoom in.
- Change the size and the position of orbit trap (the image).
- Change the degree of the polynomial used to generate the fractal.
- Switch between Mandelbrot and Julia set.
- Generate a large fractal for downloading.
Download large image will not work in Chrome (or Safari) if the size of the image is too large. In that case, right-click on the image to download it and give it a png filename, or use Firefox.
The image is used as a so-called orbit trap.
Each point is iterated along its orbit until a maximum number of iterations is reached, or until an iterated point gets inside the orbit trap square - in which case the orbit "gets trapped". The position of a trapped point is used to get a colour from corresponding pixel of the image, this colour is used to colour the starting point of the orbit.
Fractal fireworks on Ello.
The default image is a Wikipedia-image of Pierre Fatou (Pierre Fatou on Wikipedia). Julia sets made from points outside of the Mandelbrot set are not connected; such sets are commonly called Fatou dust.
The Mona Lisa image used is from Wikipedia: Mona Lisa.
jQuery Plugin used on this site for picking colours: Spectrum - The No Hassle jQuery Colorpicker